[Mplayer-advusers] Fw: [MPlayer-users] [Bug] Mlayer/MP3Lib ?

gabor gabor at z10n.net
Thu Jun 26 00:37:03 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 00:21, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 00:11, Arpi wrote:
> >
> > > yes we know that mp3lib is broken to hell (Actually mpg123 is broken to hell
> > > and mp3lib is based on it) esp. when come to broken mp3 files...
> > > but unfortunatelly no one was brave enough to fix it yet :(
> > >
> > > actually i guess there is no way to reach error robustness and speed
> > > at teh same time... so there is -ac mad for errors, and mp3lib for speed.
> >
> > as i don't mind mp3 decoding being a little slower, i'd like to use mad
> > always instead of mp3lib.
> >
> > is there a way to tell mplayer to prefer mad over mp3lib?
>
> yes, RTFM
> (or ask on -users :))

ok, i was stupid :)

btw. the codec config system is great and simple, but there is one thing
i don't like.

usually i don't want to customize the whole codecs.conf, i only want to
adjust it a little, for example:never-use-mp3lib. for that i have to  i
copy the /usr/local/etc/codecs.conf to $HOME/.mplayer, and edit it.

the problems begin when i update mplayer from cvs. make-install of
course overwrites /usr/local/etc/codecs.conf with the newest version,
but mplayer will still use $HOME/.mplayer/codecs.conf, which isn't based
on the newest one.

i know i can create a diff for the custom-codecs-conf, and patch
codecs.conf after every update, but it would be nice to have a simpler
way. i just don't know what that way should be.

gabor

--
"Don't worry. I used the back of my sword. Oh, it's double-sided.
Sorry." -Zelgadis, Slayers