[Mplayer-advusers] Fw: [MPlayer-users] looking for good starting values for vf_decimate

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jun 23 22:11:29 CEST 2003

Hi,

> It looks like I can use the vf_decimate filter to eliminate the duplicate
> frames, but I am not quite sure of what to use for the the values of
> max:hi:lo:frac.  max=1 seems like a sane value, but what to use for hi,
> lo, and frac considering this was captured from analog cable (probably
> fairly noisy, although visually it looks quite acceptable).
>
> Any ideas?

the defaults are usually good, but i used thsi for vey low quality ntsc vcd
with same idiot repeat-4th-frames telecining:

-vop decimate=-4:8192:512:0.2

the -4 makes it sure that no more frames dropped at still scenes,
and the rest gave enough range to skip similar frames

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu