[Mplayer-advusers] Mustec gsmart mini2 and codec SP54 problem fixed

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jul 3 21:49:21 CEST 2003

Hi,

> This is just a quick note to let people know that the default codecs.conf
> file that comes with MPlayer-0.90 does not seem to work with avi's produced
> by the above camera.
>
> I added "flip" to the out section for the sp5x videocodec defn in the file
> /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf to fix the problem.  The section now
> looks like this (old line commented out):
>
> videocodec sp5x
>   info "SP5x codec - used by Aiptek MegaCam"
>   status working
>   fourcc SP53,SP54,SP55,SP56,SP57,SP58
>   driver vfw
>   dll "sp5x_32.dll"
>   out BGR24,BGR15 flip
> ;out BGR24,BGR15

great!

i've spent lots of time searching the problem, as this codecs.conf entry
work well for files produced by my aiptek camera, but fails for files
uploaded by users. but those users also upload the byte-by-byte same dll
as mine, grabbed from windows...

developers: please someone commit this to both cvs

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

[Using mailer3 v3.99pre3-CVS beta GSM edition, broken Date: feature enabled]