[Mplayer-advusers] feat rq: XCD

Lorand Szollosi lorro at catv-5062227e.bp11catv.broadband.hu
Fri Oct 25 17:33:14 CEST 2002

Hi,

> someone reported that mplayer -vcd X [play XCD disks.
nope. it only plays mpeg, no matter what format it detects.
(tried: latest pre-release)

> what is cdfs?
> if it's for mounting 2324 bytes/sector sessions, then
> it's teh same as mplayer's -vcd option
not exactly, but used here for the same thing. -vcd only
works for mpeg. (tried and true)

> > Note that this is _not_ a VCD with an mpeg, the
> it seems it is
negative. it has an avi on it:

dragonest:/cdrom# file videocd-1.mpeg videocd-1.mpeg: RIFF
(little-endian) data, AVI

as I said before, cdfs detects the sessions, and assigns
whatever extension it can assume for that sesson. so it
doesn't mount the cd. btw by mounting it wouldn't work,
as the sub and avi files are in different sessions.

-lorro