[Mplayer-advusers] rtc

Dariusz Pietrzak eyck at nowanet.lub.pl
Mon Oct 21 16:05:09 CEST 2002

Hey!
 i've got a question which fits this list,
 here's a snip:
 "
 Linux RTC init error in ioctl (rtc_irqp_set 1024): Permission denied
 Try adding "echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq" to your system
 startup scripts.
 "
Great, but my kernel have no support for setting max-user-freq this way,
and I don't want to hard-code this from 64 to 1024, so.. which linux
kernel this "echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq" refers to?
Or maybe where can I find a patch that enables this?
 or should I create it myself?

regards,
 Dariush Pietrzak