[Mplayer-advusers] some suggestions etc. for mplayer

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Fri Mar 15 06:00:46 CET 2002

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Arpi wrote:

> I think qtrle is more important...

	So do I. That's why I'm being a responsible developer and pushing
CIN down on my TODO list until I tie up a few more loose ends such as QT
RLE, RoQ video, and the FILM demuxer. I've been spending the last few
nights trying to get RoQ video right. It's practically there.

> i've moved many of qtrle samples to the samples/v-codecs/qtrle/ today
> i don't think it's too hard to implement, as it alreayd work for 8bpp, so
> just should be extended to handle other depths

	Actually, it's the the 24bpp one that I have ready. Now I just
need to implement 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, and 32bpp; no problem...:) I have
already documented and posted the data formats for all 7 variants on the
CRI site. I need to get down to coding it. One thing that has been holding
me back is trying to come up with a simple, small, and elegant way to
write decoders for all 7 variants that can output to 15, 16, 24, and 32
bpp images.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson