[Mplayer-advusers] trouble with the -vm option

Christian Ohm chr.ohm at gmx.net
Sat Jun 29 00:48:28 CEST 2002

On Wednesday, 26 June 2002 at 23:34, Christian Ohm wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 June 2002 at 16:04, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > Well you should use monitoraspect=1.43 or whatever and leave the aspect value
> > alone. If the vo you use correctly uses my aspect code, that should work
> > fine. You could even use monitoraspect=16:9 if you own 16:9 tv.
>
> i noticed that option while playing around, and somehow it didn't work as i
> expected and i removed it again. but it works now - thanks for reminding me.

actually, it doesn't work. the relevant config entries should be

vo=x11
vop=scale=648:-2,pp

with those, monitoraspect doesn't do anything. and the manpage lists wrong
options for the scale plugin (-2 and -3 aren't mentioned, just -1, which
doesn't do what the manpage says, it just uses the original height iirc).

bye
christian ohm

--
There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull
by the tail and face the situation.