[Mplayer-advusers] trouble with the -vm option

Magnus Pfeffer magnus.pfeffer at epost.de
Tue Jun 25 20:04:02 CEST 2002

Am Dienstag, 25. Juni 2002 01:13 schrieb Christian Ohm:

Hi,

> the first is a patch to mplayer, that adds a -grabmouse option
> (grabmouse=0 in the config file) so mplayer doesn't grab the cursor
> anymore. and (by pure chance) it doesn't unpause when any key is pressed.

It works fine! It could be considered to add the patch to mplayer cvs.

> i hope that helps.

Yes, but some other cvs commit changed the -vm behaviour. mplayer cvs
(updated just now) does:

-vm with -vo x11 (and -fs -zoom) renders the movie in the full desktop
resolution, whether a smaller resolution/viewport is selected or not.

-vm with -vo x11 (and -fs) crashes mplayer:

XF86VM: Selected video mode 640x480 for image size 640x272.
X11 error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: decode_video

but _not_ when I use strace to check what happens before the crash. With
strace it works just fine. Funny.

> bye
> christian ohm

Magnus