[Mplayer-advusers] Fw: Re: [MPlayer-users] no end-of-file stop please

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 10 07:00:47 CEST 2002

On Sunday 23 June 2002 17:21, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: 23 Jun 2002 15:58:38 +0200
> From: mammique <mammique at lamenagerie.com>
> To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] no end-of-file stop please

> Le dim 23/06/2002 à 13:42, Sam Liddicott a écrit :
> > Here's a feature request;
>
> [...]
>
> > sometimes get one instance of mplayer to record to file and a minute or
> > so later start another to read from the same file thus giving me
> > tivo-like live pausing of the programme.
> >
> > I guess this is not the time to talk about tivo-like circular buffer
> > files, but maybe another day.
> >
> > Sam
>
> why don't use a shortcut (and/or a flag) to lock or unlock end-of-file
> quit feature ? except for a playlist where you skip to the next file.

It's currently quite a problem, because mplayer can only react to commands
between frames, so if it simply stopped, mplayer would no longer be
controllable.

Another solution would be to go into pause mode, but currently this wouldn't
work ok, because first keypress always unpauses, but doesn't do the wanted
action (eg, seek). So mplayer would go into pause mode again, immediately.
A solution to this would be to change pause behaviour, to send pressed key to
the normal control layer, as long as it is not 'p' or space-key, so eg.
pressing arrowkey would exit pause and do a seek.

A third solution would be repeating the last frame, but it's also not
currently implemented (although could be needed for dvdnav still scenes).
--
Best Regards,
        Atmos