[Mplayer-advusers] [Bug] (4/6) mplayer cannot play a certain avi file

Magnus Pfeffer magnus.pfeffer at epost.de
Sat Jul 6 16:50:35 CEST 2002

Hi,

mplayer stops playing the sound of a certain avi file. it says:

---
DEMUXER: Too many (1348 in 8389673 bytes) video packets in the buffer!
(maybe you play a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed)?
For .AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with option -ni
ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: audio)
---

Using -ni, forcing a new index creation or -nobps does not affect this. The
file seems ok and plays fine using avifile's aviplayer.

I have uploaded the first 10 MB as demuxer_error.avi to mplayerhq's incoming
directory. Please tell me if you need the complete avi, I can upload it if
neccessary.

log is appended

Magnus

P.S. This mail had to be re-sent and now includes includes a bzipped log, as
advusers imposes a 40K (!) limit.