[Mplayer-advusers] trouble with the -vm option

Christian Ohm chr.ohm at gmx.net
Tue Jul 2 00:06:49 CEST 2002

On Saturday, 29 June 2002 at 17:02, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > actually, it doesn't work. the relevant config entries should be
> > >
> > > vo=x11
> > > vop=scale=648:-2,pp
> > >
> > > with those, monitoraspect doesn't do anything. and the manpage lists wrong
> > > options for the scale plugin (-2 and -3 aren't mentioned, just -1, which
> > > doesn't do what the manpage says, it just uses the original height iirc).
> > vop scale doesn't use my aspect code, so it won't work. eg. -vo sdl or xv with
> > hw scaling should fo it correctly.
>

> hey
> there are 2 levels of aspect correction: prescaling (-aspect, doen before
> applying filters) and display aspect (-monitoraspect, done in libvo drivers
> where it has any sense)
>
> -aspect has effect on filters, even on scale, but scale has option to use
> original w/h or prescaled (aspect corrected) w/h
> this is the difference between 0/-1 and 2/3

well, it would be nice if monitoraspect would be used in the scale plugin
when zoom isn't selected. right now i have a fixed aspect in my config and
have to play when a movie isn't 4:3.

btw, the manpage mentions -1 for scale to use the aspect ratio of the movie,
but actually it is -3 for movie aspect, -2 for monitor resolution aspect
(without using -monitoraspect).

bye
christian ohm

--
Don't suspect your friends -- turn them in!
		-- "Brazil"