[Mplayer-advusers] Compile error when no OggVorbis

Jesse Allen stormdll at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 21 07:47:27 CEST 2002

Hi,

Today I downloaded your v0.90pre1.  When compiling I got this message:
gcc -O4 -march=k6 -mcpu=k6 -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer
-D_REENTRANT -Ilibmpdemux -Iloader -Ilibvo   -o mplayer mplayer.o xacodec.o
cpudetect.o mp_msg.o codec-cfg.o cfgparser.o my_profile.o spudec.o
playtree.o playtreeparser.o asxparser.o vobsub.o subreader.o find_sub.o
lirc_mp.o mixer.o mp-opt-reg.o -Llibvo -lvo  -Llibmpcodecs -lmpcodecs
-Lmp3lib -lMP3 -Lliba52 -la52 -Llibmpeg2 -lmpeg2 -Llibavcodec -lavcodec
-Llibfame -lfame -Llibmpdemux -lmpdemux  -Linput -linput           -lpthread
-ldl   -Lpostproc -lpostproc  -Llinux -losdep   -lnsl -lz    -lm  -Llibao2
-lao2 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lXext -lnsl -lGL -lXxf86dga -lXv -lXxf86vm
-lXinerama  -lnsl      -laa   -Lvidix -lvidix
libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a(demuxer.o): In function `demux_seek':
demuxer.o(.text+0x1faa): undefined reference to `demux_ogg_seek'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1

I do not have OggVorbis and do not plan on installing it now.  But I am the
kind of person to search for my own solution so I tried to fix it. I don't
know it was the best thing to do,  but I decided to add this in demux_ogg.c
after the line ''#ifndef HAVE_OGGVORBIS'':
void demux_ogg_seek(demuxer_t *demuxer,float rel_seek_secs,int flags) { }

A comment states, "/// Some dummy function to use when no Ogg and Vorbis lib
are avaible",  So I thought this was appropriate there for the missing
definition.  Compiling after this addition was successful, so I am able to
run MPlayer again.  =)

I am running the latest linux from scratch with the latest patched kernel.
Just letting you know about this problem and I hope this helps.  =)

Jesse