[Mplayer-advusers] quo vadis

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Dec 30 19:26:39 CET 2001

Hey People!

First of all: YOU ARE ALL CRAZY!
I was some kind of offline for some months and now
trying to catch up with the development, but you did
too much! And the worse: the development speed of mplayer
is continously increasing!
Heck! Where do you find the time ?

I saw that the DVD support improved a lot (thought couldnt
test it yet) and you also added DVD subtitels support.
Which i thought is impossible with out libvo2
(this rises the question, what did you do ?)

There is now an audio resampling support (thanks a lot!)
mencoder is greatly working and it looks like
the framedrop code got also some improvements
(less framedrops and in smaller chunks)
Which changes did you apply to the framedrop code ?

What i havent had a look at it is the postporcessing
(need to find a good file for it) and the things
i dont know that they are new.

Would be someone be so kind to give me a short
resume what happend ? I dont think i'll
find the time to read the 1200 mails in
the mplayer-devel inbox.
Especialy what the status of libvo2 is and
which is the code you are working on at the moment ?
What should i test/look for ?

Nick, what is the status of your linux video driver project ?
Is there some code i could test ?

Greetings

		Attila Kinali
--