[MEncoder-users] DVD rip (to avi) using mencoder and I want allways to get Swedish subText

Bill Crockett wsc4 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jan 12 02:51:31 EET 2017

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nisse Nordlundh" <nisse at ngn.nu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2017 1:07 AM

> Hi,
>
> I had a bunch of DVD's that I want to rip to avi-files.
>
> Linux Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
> mencoder 1.1-4.8
>
> Basic 'problem': How to be 'sure' to always get Swedish subText from my
> DVD's to my AVI-files....

<snip>

This place is now a ghost town.  Hardly any MEncoder users with a vast
knowledge base come here any more, and the programme has not been maintained
for almost a decade.

If you want to, keep searching the Man pages and documentation and
experiment with MEncoder to find a way to get Swedish subtitles from your
DVDs.  I use to search MEncoder at http://gmane.org for helpful posts.  It
was a mailing list archive, but it has been shut down unfortunately.

The consensus is to use FFmpeg.