[MEncoder-users] Convert MTS to MP4: Video and audio out of sync

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Apr 13 12:44:01 CEST 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 09:18:54 +0000, Ooe Eoo wrote:
> I am new to mencoder. Appreciate if you could help me to correct my command line.

If you're new, perhaps you should go directly to ffmpeg instead of
mencoder. mencoder is unmaintained (unlike mplayer). And I personally
have had better experience with regard to sync with ffmpeg than
mencoder, which is why I moved to the former.

> > mencoder.exe mts_video.mts -oac copy -ovc lavc -o mp4_video.mp4

ffmpeg -i mts_video.mts -c:a copy -c:v copy mp4_video.mp4

Moritz