[MEncoder-users] real time output to rtmp

Claudiu Rad-Lohanel jazzman at misalpina.net
Tue Jun 18 10:35:42 CEST 2013

On 6/18/2013 1:47 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> I am not convinced that we have a sample for
> "Progressive Segmented Frame mode", please upload
> one.
that error was thrown by ffmpeg's vc1 decoder, it was refusing to decode
the stream, that's the reason of sticking with mencoder, for the w32codecs.
here is a live sample dump generating this: http://we.tl/159AeCvmsm
> And piping MPlayers output into FFmpeg is of
> course expected to work.
i've finally managed to do it using
-vf harddup -ovc raw -oac pcm -ofps 25 -of avi -o - -really-quiet

basically using menconder just for the simple task of
decoding/decompressing input to raw/uncompressed and packing that into
avi container. now ffmpeg finally seems to handle this well. i also need
to force output fps otherwise it doesn't work properly -- i assume this
is because the input is a live dump that lacks some metadata.

--
jazzman