[MEncoder-users] Weird DVD with shifting framerates

R.L. Horn lists at eastcheap.org
Mon Jun 10 17:16:35 CEST 2013

On Sun, 9 Jun 2013, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Andrew Udvare <audvare <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The input source from the DVD was 29.970 that clearly
>> had a 2:3 pull-down from 24 FPS
>
> Then you should not use yadif.

I'm coming in a bit late here, so this may have already been addressed,
but does ffmpeg have a telecine-aware deinterlacer?  Or is that an RTFD
sort of question?  It's been several years since I last encoded a DVD
(with mencoder), but that on-again, off-again telecine was certainly a
major annoyance, both in terms of deinterlacing and audio sync (I always
seemed to end up encoding the audio and video separately and putting them
back together best as I could with the .+merge utilities).