[MEncoder-users] mencoder asks to "use -absf aac_adtstoasc" - but -absf is an unknown option

Dr.O.Muth at habmalnefrage.de Dr.O.Muth at habmalnefrage.de
Thu Aug 22 20:51:13 CEST 2013

Hi Jan,

> There are two compile options for faac:
>   --disable-faac            disable support for FAAC (AAC encoder)
>   --disable-faac-lavc       disable support for FAAC in libavcodec
> Did you try them, especially the second?

I took ffmpeg 1.2
http://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-1.2.tar.bz2
and unpacked it into mplayer-export-2013-08-21/ffmpeg.

 ./configure --disable-faac-lavc
 make
In file included from ffmpeg/libavutil/avutil.h:245:0,
                 from fmt-conversion.c:20:
ffmpeg/libavutil/pixfmt.h:241:5: warning: "AV_HAVE_INCOMPATIBLE_FORK_ABI" is not defined [-Wundef]
fmt-conversion.c:67:26: error: 'AV_PIX_FMT_XYZ12LE' undeclared here (not in a function)
fmt-conversion.c:68:26: error: 'AV_PIX_FMT_XYZ12BE' undeclared here (not in a function)

With or without --disable-faac-lavc makes no difference.

I am not quite sure what you are aiming at, because if I use the lavc-faac codec I get a working video, while the built-in faac codec yields corrupt files. Thus, I would imagine, --disable-faac-lavc would disable the function that has proven to work and leave me with the broken one. Am I wrong?

Regards

Oliver