[MEncoder-users] Sound problem when transcoding and joining 2 mpg-files

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Fri Sep 21 12:07:36 CEST 2012

Carl Eugen Hoyos in gmane.comp.video.mencoder.user (Fri, 21 Sep 2012
09:34:24 +0000 (UTC)):
>Jan Ehrhardt <phpdev <at> ehrhardt.nl> writes:
>
>> >Does ffmpeg succeed in transcoding the two files?
>>
>> Yes. http://x32.elijst.nl/SD00005_part-by-ffmpeg.wmv
>>
>> So, old mencoder (with the desired volnorm filter) and
>> ffmpeg do it fine, but recent MEncoders fail.
>
>Iiuc, the volnorm avfilter is half-finished, perhaps you
>can support its development.

I would, of course, be interested. I will take a look at github to see
if I can be of help.

It would solve my problems with transcoding and joining mpg-files. But
sadly enough, FFmpeg's concat protocol does not work on all files. For
instance, the Zoom Q3HD camera produces MP4-files (AVC1, AAC) that
cannot be concatted by FFmpeg. It seems to go OK, but on playing it
stops after the first one.

I'll have to check yet how old and new MEncoders handle these files.

Jan