[MEncoder-users] Is it possible to make Mencoder encode video file DAR(Display Aspect Ratio) same as ffmpeg does?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Dec 12 13:57:53 CET 2012

littlebat <dashing.meng <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I temporarily prefer to choose MEncoder to finish some video
> transcoding work, because I heard MEncoder can transcode
> some video files which ffmpeg can't do from internet websites.

Providing such samples is very welcome!
(I for example asked this week on this mailing
list for badly cut telecined samples, we don't
have enough afaik. But any samples that work
with MEncoder but not ffmpeg that are not very
widely known like a few interlaced vc-1 samples
or files that need common binary decoders are
welcome / needed.)

[...]

> If it can't, maybe I need using ffmpeg to re-encode result
> files transcoded by MEncoder to get correct DAR result
> files.

That sounds like a bad idea.

Carl Eugen