[MEncoder-users] MEncoder skips duplicate frames even with -vf harddup and -noskip

Peter pscientist at inbox.com
Mon Dec 3 17:40:32 CET 2012

On 2012-12-03 11:13 AM, The Wanderer wrote:

> It's possible that adding that would have fixed your problem, but I agree that
> in most cases FFmpeg is the better solution for the future.

I used to be a MEncoder hold-out because MEncoder had features that FFmpeg
simply couldn't do: two that come to mind were interlace-aware scaling, and the
ability to change the speed of a movie (FFmpeg would always compensate for
anything you changed by inserting or dropping frames to keep the timing "right"
even if you didn't want that) but gradually, every facility has been implemented
in FFmpeg, and I don't need MEncoder any more. Oh, a third one too, "YADIF" -
now also available in FFmpeg.

--
Peter