[MEncoder-users] what video output to select for mencoder when encoding dvd's to h.264

Cristian Manea cristian.manea348 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 00:56:47 CEST 2011

Yes, 720x540 is 4:3, not 16:9 like I said previously by mistake. I knew that
vobs store aspect ratio, just like mkv, but I didn't knew that mencoder
doesn't use -vo wich I learned now that it is mplayer only. But I assumed it
uses -vo because there's this message that mencoder outputs: "The selected
video_out device is incompatible with this codec", wich probably means that
I should force other codec than default, for decoding...