[MEncoder-users] hardcode subtitle problem

Quy Pham Sy phamsyquybk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 10:50:57 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 11:03 PM, James Hastings-Trew <jimht at shaw.ca> wrote:

> On 11-09-14 11:49 PM, Quy Pham Sy wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I tried to hardcode a subtitle from file into a video file, and here is my
>> command:
>>
>> mencoder hifi.avi -ss 30 -endpos 60 -o test.mp4 -oac faac -faacopts
>> mpeg=4:object=2:raw:br=128 -of lavf -lavfopts format=mp4 -ovc x264
>> -x264encopts nocabac:level_idc=30:bframes=**0:threads=auto -sub hifi.srt
>> -font
>> /c/Windows/Fonts/arial.ttf
>>
>> but there was no subtitle in the output file. Whats wrong in my command?
>> (I use mencoder on window, built by mingw)
>>
>> Thanks
>> Pham Quy
>>
>>  This thread might shed some light on your issue:

Thanks,

According to the thread, i need to use an expand filter with osd=1 to enable
the subtitle.
I tried it with a prebuilt version, and it worked well. But for my own built
(mingw)
it said "-subfont-autoscale is not an MEncoder option". why is that?
.I guess i have miss something in my configure command but i'm not sure.
please help.

Quy