[MEncoder-users] removing duplicate frames from avi mp4 source file

ted morris ted.morris at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 03:27:33 CEST 2011

Greetings,

I have these really big *.avi contained mp4 video files,
that were originally captured via OpenRTSP/live555 @
15 fps. (1970x1440). x 1 hr .

mencoder determines that there are duplicate frames
and then proceeds to encode the duplicates. Then, when playing
back the video, the video has these annoying little pauses
due to the duplicate frames -- and ofcourse makes the file
larger than it should be (~3 GB).

I tried the -noencodeduplicat option but I get the same
result. I also use the -nosound option because
the videos don't have audio.(nor do I want it).

I would prefer to still use lavc (ffmpeg codec) for my
processed avi file.

Would anyone know a trick to get rid of the duplicate
frames?

thanks for any suggestions in advance,