[MEncoder-users] Current SVN doesn't appear to determine codec in mp4

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 7 05:50:42 CET 2011

I recently put considerable effort into get my system to build the latest
svn
(http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mencoder-users/2011-November/012881.htm
l), but the new version of MEncoder is giving me problems.

When I use the MEncoder executable installed by the version I compiled a
month or so ago (MEncoder SVN-r34185-4.2.1), my encoding command returns
the following information for a routine conversion:
"VIDEO CODEC ID: 28
AUDIO CODEC ID: 15002, TAG: 0"

Current svn (compiled today - 11-6-11) shows this instead:

"VIDEO CODEC ID: 0
AUDIO CODEC ID: 0, TAG: 0"

Then the following line appears just before encoding fails:

"[mp4 @ 0x10c41d180]track 0: could not find tag, codec not currently
supported in container"

Is there a way I can get the new svn to more successfully determine my
source codecs? (To encode successfully, I'm just replacing my current
MEncoder executable with the one I built a month or so ago - for now,
anyway.)

Laine Lee