[MEncoder-users] a/v desync with mencoder that doesn't happen with mplayer -dumpstream

Bill Crockett wsc4 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Nov 5 04:27:21 CET 2011

On 4/11/2011 10:33 PM, Brion Swanson wrote:

> -ovc copy -oac copy -vf dsize=2.35,scale=720:480

Do the video filters dsize and scale now work with -ovc copy?

mencoder -ovc help

Available codecs:
    copy     - frame copy, without re-encoding. Doesn't work with filters.

That's why I never used them with copy.

> I tried -mc 0 -noskip and that dies with a "Too many audio packets in
> the buffer: (4096 in 8257536 bytes)."  If I leave off the -noskip it
> works better but the audio and video are still off by a second or more.

I was having the same problem with a video, and this fixed the audio
delay.  The muxrate fixed Too many audio packets...  You may have to
increase the rate.

-ovc copy -oac copy -noskip -mc 0 -of mpeg -mpegopts
format=mpeg2:muxrate=9095:tsaf

Cheers,

BC