[MEncoder-users] Extracting row video for x264 encoding

Julien Palard mencoder at mandark.fr
Wed Mar 30 09:47:28 CEST 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Andrew Berg <bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why encode them separately? You can use MEncoder to process both at the
> same time (which is a lot more stable as far as A/V sync is concerned).
> You can always remux the output with MP4Box if necessary.

Cause I want a full control on the parameters of x264 and faac (I'm
coming from ffmpeg and the x264 parameters mapping is unusable for my
needs), but if you're saying that it's easy to have an encoding
exactly as I do it using x264 (using vbv-bufsize etc) i'll try to
switch.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:06 PM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> It's possible "-oac raw" instead of -nosound might work better, even
> if it is a bit nonsensical.

You mean -oac copy ?
With -oac copy i got :
Audio format 0x4134504d is incompatible with '-oac copy', please try
'-oac pcm' instead or use '-fafmttag' to override it.
So i tried
-oac copy -fafmttag 0x55
But I got the exact same problem of video speed