[MEncoder-users] Can't encode amr audio correctly when convert avi to 3gp with mencoder (remove big attachment)

littlebat dashing.meng at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 01:51:57 CET 2011

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:51:42 +0000 (UTC)
Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> littlebat <dashing.meng <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I try to convert an AVI file to 3GP with AMR Narrow Band encoder
>
> Works fine with:
> ffmpeg -i test10s.avi -ar 8000 -ac 1 -ab 10.2k -s 176x144 -b 200k -r 15 out.3gp

Thanks.
I try to compile ffmpeg from source, but failed. Default ffmpeg package in my Ubuntu 10.10 doesn't include AMR encoder. And, I heard ffmpeg can't convert some formats' materials but mencoder can do it, such as some RMVB, WMV, etc..

So, I want to know: is it possible to convert this AVI file to 3GP file just with Mencoder? Does it need some special parameters more than I did?

littlebat