[MEncoder-users] CBR video trancoding possible?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Jan 5 17:07:55 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 04:15:10PM +0900, soohan lee wrote:
> Dear Friends.
>
> I am trying to do a CBR video-MPEG2VIDEO(MPEG-TS) from an M2T(MPEG2) file.
> (Detail : Example.m2t to Example.ts file)
>
> But, mencoder output file is VBR-video. CBR video is not possible?

Please define "CBR video". The only sensible definition of it means one
of
1) raw, uncompressed video
2) padding with fill bytes that only bloat the bit-stream, losing a
significant amount of compression. Not implemented in MEncoder to my
knowledge because it is a tool for people who want to compress their
videos as well as possible, not pointlessly bloat it just to make it fit
constraints that hardly ever make sense.