[MEncoder-users] Xvid bff/tff field order issue

Dr.O.Muth at habmalnefrage.de Dr.O.Muth at habmalnefrage.de
Thu Feb 17 12:21:33 CET 2011

Bonjour Etienne,

On Wed, 16.02.2011, 20:46 +0100 Etienne Buira wrote:
> Could it be a mpeg4-p2 flavour issue? You can try using msmpeg4 (and
> msmpeg4v{1,2} as stated in $ ffmpeg -codecs | grep mpeg4).
Using msmpeg4 instead of mpeg4 wouldn't help me, since it reports:
"interlacing not supported by codec".

But your suggestion gave me the energy to spend a part of last night experimenting with all the different options to the lavc mpeg4 codec, leaving them out and putting them back in one by one etc...

In the end I discovered it was the one option I always left in, because I did not expect it to make any difference at all:

threads=2

Without this option I get videos that my DVD-player will play!
Weird...