[MEncoder-users] Xvid bff/tff field order issue

Dr.O.Muth at habmalnefrage.de Dr.O.Muth at habmalnefrage.de
Wed Feb 16 20:37:20 CET 2011

Hello James,
> Have you tried setting the ffourcc value of the AVI, rather than letting
> it be the default? Try -ffourcc XVID or -ffourcc DIVX or -ffourcc DX50
Thank you for the hint.
I have tried all three.
In fact I had not tried it without -ffourcc..., maybe I should do that? ;-)

This is the profile I used:
[DivX-avi]
profile-desc="MPEG4/MP3 encoding"
#ffourcc=DX50
ffourcc=XVID
#ffourcc=DIVX
ovc=lavc=1
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1400:v4mv=1:mbd=2:trell=1:last_pred=2:dia=-1:vmax_b_frames=2:vb_strategy=1:cmp=3:subcmp=3:autoaspect=1:ilme=1:ildct=1:threads=2:psnr=1
oac=mp3lame=1
lameopts=vbr=3

I get interlaced tff videos this way, which look fine on my computer but my dvd-player won't play them. It looks like it seeks through the files (the "time played" display moves like in fast forward mode), but the screen stays black.