[MEncoder-users] Reencoding mjpeg from Pana TZ10/SZ7 offsets sound from video

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Aug 29 00:44:26 CEST 2011

Marc MERLIN <marc_mplayer <at> merlins.org> writes:

> > > Sure:
> > > http://marc.merlins.org/tmp/vid/00001.MTS
> >
> > Works fine with -demuxer lavf.
> > (If it doesn't work with your - still very old - version, please update to
> > latest svn head.)
>
> Ok, so even if unreleased ubuntu is too old,

> I got the nightly then.

What does that mean?
(The reason I ask is that the file plays fine for me - no console spam - and I
suspect you have an intentionally broken version that only claims to be MPlayer.
I recommend downloading and building from svn yourself.)

[...]

> I take it I need to override the demuxer in some config file somewhere so that
> the right one is picked for those MTS files?

There are (many) files that play better with the native mpegts demuxer, but this
is not true for your sample unfortunately.

Carl Eugen