[MEncoder-users] Can't compile mplayer - no libavcodec

larrystotler at netscape.net larrystotler at netscape.net
Fri Apr 22 03:15:11 CEST 2011

 I'm trying to compile the newest mplayer from svn and I keep getting the foloowing error:

av_opts.c:26:28: error: libavcodec/opt.h: No such file or directory
av_opts.c: In function 'parse_avopts':
av_opts.c:41: warning: implicit declaration of function 'av_set_string3'
make: *** [av_opts.o] Error 1

My System:

Linux 2.6.25.20-0.7-default SMP X86_64? openSUSE v11.0
gcc v4.3-39.1

I don't see it being the older version of gcc because it looks like the files are just missing.

running ./configure pulled in ffmpeg with no problems.

Any suggestions?

Thanx