[MEncoder-users] encoding to mpg

Lobster lobo at lobs.sytes.net
Wed Oct 13 20:44:55 CEST 2010

  On 14/10/2010 1:13 a.m., Olive wrote:
> Just a last question. For some sources files I have (but not all), the
> image is actually OK but I have no sound. Is it possible to reencode
> only the sound track of these files leaving the image intact?

yes, and maybe no.

if the video codec is compatible you could change -ovc lavc to become
-ovc copy
and remove all video encoding options in -lavcopts
(all options except acodec=mp2:abitrate=224 (or whatever the bitrate is))

but, if the video codec isn't compatible with the mpeg-ps muxer then it
may fail.

maybe give it a try and see what happens.