[MEncoder-users] interlaced/non-interlaced

Jarek Czekalski jarekczek at poczta.onet.pl
Sat Oct 2 10:46:06 CEST 2010

> As I said, compare encodes. You'll see that the quality loss that comes
> from the encoder not being able to handle interlaced material
> efficiently is going to be much more than the loss from deinterlacing.
Someone adviced not to deinterlace because in the future the devices
will support instant deinterlacing on playback. But you conviced me,
that when encoding at bitrates like 900kbps, it's better to deinterlace.
I did those tests on a material captured from tv and the difference is
big. Thanks.

Jarek