[MEncoder-users] ATSC closed captioning

Scott W. Larson scowl at wballphotos.com
Mon Nov 29 22:29:13 CET 2010

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
>Because, as I said (though I did not mention this reason) it isn't
>finished yet.

OK, do you have any suggestions on where I should look for the bug? For example I don't see how user data that is passed between the Sequence header code and the GOP start code will be turned into a frame by mplayer since it's not associated with a displayable frame. Generally the user data here is something that applies to all pictures in the GOP (this is where the BBC and Fox in the U.S. pass the AFD) but I have found caption data here sometimes.

Another problem I'm having is if I let mplayer display captions for two hours or so, eventually it starts printing "Too many buffered pts" continuously and the video becomes choppy. Skipping backward and forward fixes it.