[MEncoder-users] mpeg conversions

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Nov 19 13:12:13 CET 2010

Rick C. <rickcorteza <at> gmail.com> writes:

> If I can add a related question...if I'm coming from a frame rate of let's say
> 29.97 and I want to go down to let's say 25 is there a way to do this without
> the "jumpy" appearance?

I believe so but such a filter was not yet added to libmpcodecs/libavfilter iirc
(although I wonder if mcdeint can be used).

> Or is that the nature of lowering the frame rate?

Yes.

Please be aware that MEncoder is not an actively maintained application and you
should probably use FFmpeg for the conversion you describe.

Please consider fixing your line length, Carl Eugen