[MEncoder-users] Can you feed a named pipe into mencoder?

Angel mrangel at mrangel.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 00:57:08 CET 2010

David Liontooth <lionteeth at cogweb.net> wrote:

>  cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 | tee p1 > p2 | paste p1 > $FIL.mpeg | \
>zvbi-atsc-cc --atsc -T -C $FIL.txt CBS-HD < p2

That seems an awfully complex line ... isn't it equivalent to something like

Cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 | tee $FIL.mpeg | zvbi-atsc-cc --atsc -T -C $FIL.txt CBS-HD

(Just off the top of my head ... but redirecting the output from tee is normally redundant IME, as is using > or < in the middle of a pipeline)

As far as using mencoder goes, I know of no reason the input can't be a named pipe
--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9. Please excuse my brevity.