[MEncoder-users] How to repackage MP4 files to avi container?

Grozdan neutrino8 at gmail.com
Mon May 17 04:52:09 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 4:37 AM, Miroslav Rovis <m.rovis at inet.hr> wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> Here's a little avi2mp4.sh script of interest, I hope, to newbies
> (newer than me):
> No guarantees of any kind. Backup before you try!
> #!/bin/bash
> # avi2mp4.sh
> v1=`echo $1 | cut -d '.' -f1`
> MP4Box -aviraw audio $v1.avi
> MP4Box -aviraw video $v1.avi
> mv -iv ${v1}_audio.raw ${v1}_audio.aac
> MP4Box -add ${v1}_audio.aac $v1.mp4
> MP4Box -add ${v1}_video.h264 $v1.mp4

you forget an important parameter. The -fps option in mp4box which it
defaults always to 25 if not set, so if you have files with a
different fps and don't pass it to mp4box, they'll be very out of sync

Also, there are various scripts on the net that can do what you
want... for example

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=133598

http://h264enc.sourceforge.net/