[MEncoder-users] ac3 mistaken for mp3 in recent versions of MEncoder

Laine Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 5 22:39:28 CEST 2010

On 5/5/10 11:16 AM, "Reimar Döffinger" <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> A _compliant_ DVD has a lot of restrictions, so targeting that is quite a
> pain.
> vqscale=1 in particular to my knowledge will result in files that
> a) are in general non-compliant, even outside the DVD context
> b) will most likely use more than the maximum bandwidth allowed for a DVD
>    (might still work in some DVD players though).

Well, I'm probably out of compliance, because I'm specifying higher bitrates
than vqscale=1 gives me anyway. But I'm also using 24 fps without using the
telecine option. I can't seem to find a way to apply soft telecining without
messing up the output. It plays, but it doesn't play correctly. If I leave
out the telecine option, the DVDs I make using a solution based on dvdauthor
still play correctly on all the players I've tried, and I've tried quite a
few. But if there's a method for achieving  successful soft telecining
besides just adding the telecine option to mpegopts (-mpegopts
format=dvd:tsaf:telecine), I'd like to know about it. Thanks.

Laine Lee