[MEncoder-users] A good compromise for deinterlacing camcorder-dv-files

Al Bogner mencoder at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Sun Jun 27 01:21:16 CEST 2010

There are so many possibilities to deinterlace a video and most times
deinterlacing is discussed with ripped dvds.

Do you have a recommendation for camcorder-videos, captured from tape
to dv1-format?

For a first try, I used this. The source ist 720x576 interlaced, 16:9
PAL

mencoder "$FILE" -fps "$FPS" -aspect "$DAR" \
-vf
yadif=0,softskip,scale=1024:576,eq2=1.15,hqdn3d,unsharp=l:5x5:0.9:c:5x5:0.1
\
-sws 9 \
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=ffv1 \
-ofps "$FPS" -nosound \
-o "$FFV1VIDEOFILE"

If I use yadif=1 I get slow motion, which I found recommended somewhere.

I could accept if the encoding lasts a little bit longer, but not 10x.

Al