[MEncoder-users] Too many video packets in the buffer

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Tue Jun 22 16:58:45 CEST 2010

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Andy Furniss<andyqos<at>  ukfsn.org>  writes:
>
>> Don't know if this is relevant at all - but my wife's stills camera in
>> video mode produces 25p but it puts 50fps in the MTS container info.
>>
>> Mplayer will try and play at 50fps unless I use -demuxer lavf.
>
> This has nothing to do with the "MTS container info".
> For PAFF content, you have to use either -mc 1 or -demuxer lavf.

OK, I am not sure if it's PAFF or not mediainfo shows as below. I have
no idea why it says NTSC as the camera says it's PAL.

Testing todays svn it actually plays correctly without any options and
the regression with -demuxer lavf I mentioned is fixed.

In the past mplayer <no options> would play at double rate and lavf
would play correctly.

One thing I notice with todays svn is that the Cpu usage is reported
incorrectly -

A:  18.3 V:  18.5 A-V: -0.228 ct: -8.954 454/454 113% 15%  2.6% 0 0

Whereas top shows 33% idle on my single core Athlon 2500.

bash-3.2$ mediainfo 00000.MTS
General
ID                               : 0
Complete name                    : 00000.MTS
Format                           : BDAV
Format/Info                      : Blu-ray Video
File size                        : 29.8 MiB
Duration                         : 18s 145ms
Overall bit rate                 : 13.8 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate         : 18.0 Mbps

Video
ID                               : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID                          : 1 (0x1)
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : High at L4.0
Format settings, CABAC           : No
Format settings, ReFrames        : 1 frame
Format settings, Frame mode      : Frame doubling
Duration                         : 18s 160ms
Bit rate                         : 13.0 Mbps
Width                            : 1 280 pixels
Height                           : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Frame rate                       : 25.000 fps
Original frame rate              : 50.000 fps
Standard                         : NTSC
Resolution                       : 24 bits
Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
Scan type                        : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.566
Stream size                      : 28.2 MiB (95%)

Audio
ID                               : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID                          : 1 (0x1)
Format                           : AC-3
Format/Info                      : Audio Coding 3
Duration                         : 18s 176ms
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 192 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Channel positions                : L R
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Stream size                      : 426 KiB (1%)