[MEncoder-users] how to test encoded file ?

Grozdan neutrino8 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 15:43:35 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Goga777 <goga777 at bk.ru> wrote:

>> > So mencoder/mplayer is unmaintained?
>>
>> No, mencoder is, not mplayer
>
> can someone to explain why we have so sad situation with mencoder ?

No one really cares about it. Most devs focus on ffmpeg nowadays,
though I find ffmpeg worse than mencoder

The right action to update/fix mencoder completely is to just rewrite
it. But not many people are that knowledgeable and those who are don't
give a damn about it :)

Also, it's codebase doesn't particularly make it easy to update/fix it
easily. So a decent rewrite will be the best choice, imho