[MEncoder-users] Encoding interlaced content: what am I doing wrong?

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:31:36 CET 2010

Good afternoon,

I don't know whether or not this is the right way to reply on my own
message, so I hope it works well :)

I just muxed the file into an mkv file with mkvmerge test.mpg -o
test.mkv, now -vf tfields=0:0,scale works again, while mkvinfo returns
Interlaced: 0. (how do I set that to 1 anyway? My original capture is
interlaced: 0 too, I can't find an option to set this right)

So, what's going on, or is this a bug (or a missing feature?) in
MPlayer, tfields working with mkv but not with mpg?