[MEncoder-users] Converting video from HD-PVR

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 13:21:14 CET 2010

On 1/19/2010 9:32 PM, Laine Lee wrote:
> But I always have to clean the input file first with
>
> ffmpeg -i [input] -an -vcodec copy -f rawvideo [output].h264
>
> then
>
> MP4Box -tmp [temporary items directory] -add [ffmpegoutput].h264 -fps 59.94
> -delay 2=500 [output].mp4

The resulting video is very jittery. I think the video is being flagged
as progressive even though it is interlaced.
> When the recording is clean, I normally get
> good results with these filters:
>
> -vf
> tfields=0,tinterlace=0,filmdint=fast=0/sad_thres=2048,softskip,scale=720:480
> ,harddup -noskip
With tfields and tinterlace in place and the scale option removed (I
intend to keep the original resolution), x264 uses SAR=1/2, which is not
correct. With tfields and tinterlace gone, x264 uses the correct
SAR=1/1, but I get black frames (oddly though, the bitrate is consistent
with normal video). It may work to "squish" full-height fields into
half-height frames (this seems to be what tfields=0+tinterlace=0 does)
if you are scaling down to 720x480 anyway, but I want to keep the full
resolution, deinterlace with pp=lb and get as close to the original
30000/1001fps as possible. Of course, this may all be the result of the
bad input video.