[MEncoder-users] Encoding .3gp video with mencoder

Ross Clement rossclement at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 21:06:28 CET 2010

On 1/24/10, Баймуратов Г. М. <flibustier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems, that you could encode raw video and then use mp4box to put it into
> 3gp container.
> mp4box comes in that package http://gpac.sourceforge.net/feat.php

Thanks. I've installed gpac (via yum), and will continue with experiments.

However, I've just had a partial success with video. I found a page
that says that my phone can accept .mp4 container with mpeg4 video and
aac audio. I encoded something, but only one frame showed before the
phone complained that the bit rate and/or frame rate was too high. So,
I'll try reducing those!

Getting closer, bit by bit.