[MEncoder-users] Cancel stream dumping

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 5 15:31:10 CET 2010

On 02/05/2010 03:40 AM, double wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a chance to cancel the stream-dumping after a certain
> time/filesize (anything would be fine).
>
> What I tried so far:
>
> mplayer -endpos 10 -dumpstream -dumpfile /tmp/dump.stream
> mms://a362.l5233454361.c52334.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/362/52334/v0001/reflector:54361
>
> With this comandline mplayer runs forever.

AIUI, -dumpstream overrides almost all other options, and says "create
an exact duplicate of the input stream"; obviously an exact duplicate
can't be truncated.

If I were approaching this kind of problem, I'd probably use something
like 'at' (or maybe even a "sleep X", or a script which checks filesize
in a loop, or the like), and have it kill the process when the specified
condition is hit.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.