[MEncoder-users] mencoder in slidshow creation

Daniel Harris mail.dharris at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 4 17:37:48 CET 2010

Hello

I have just created a dvd slideshow of still images using smile that uses
mencoder for its conversion process.  Unfortunately The picture is bad to
say the least.  The picture pulsates and artifacts appear to move all over
the screen especially with the colour green.  If I create the same video as
a dv or xvid the picture is perfect.  If i then convert that to a mpg using
avidemux (i think that uses libmpegenc) then that resulting dvd is perfect
so I am assuming the problem is with mencoder or one of its libs.  I wonder
if anybody can confirm this is a problem with mencoder.

Thanks In advance

Dan