[MEncoder-users] Doing VoD using mencoder

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Mon Aug 2 19:26:25 CEST 2010

  I googled "mencoder" and "rtsp" a bit on the web, but almost everything I looked at was in the wrong direction: I don't want to capture and record an RTSP stream, I want to generate one from a stored video clip.

I have various forms of video source including a ripped DVD (non-protected) and some .AVI files, and want to kick off mencoder from an apache CGI to generate an RTSP stream on demand.

Has anyone done this?  And if so, can you please describe the steps?

Thanks,

-Philip