[MEncoder-users] A/V sync issues with separately encoded streams

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 17:10:52 CEST 2009

belcampo wrote:
> Maybe it's mplayer's ability to circumvent 'the problem'. If you play
> the file on a hardware player, how does that play ?
The PS3 seems to be on par with VLC. Maybe VLC and the PS3 are just a
little slow keeping things in sync or are just not as anal about it as
MPlayer (i.e. using a less precise, but faster algorithm). Like I said,
it's a very minor difference. Completely unnoticeable for someone who is
not comparing it to the source and specifically looking for any sync
difference. I've had to adjust sync on many videos by watching them and
having to guess the offset (the sources were not in sync), and my
estimate here would be that the video is ahead of the audio by about
20ms. If I gave you just the final video, you would not know it's out of
sync.

Or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me and all players are same in
this respect.